Friday, October 10, 2008

Just Thinking...

Ever wonder what truckers talk about while on the road? i sure did and didn't think i would have a chance to because the CB radio on my motorcycle is pretty weak and its even hard to pick up the signal from my dad or uncle. But i did luck out, i caught a short conversation between two truckers...

Trucker 1: hey, mr. dave...What are you listening to? NPR or something like that?
Trucker Dave: Nah, I'm listening to my thoughts.
Trucker 1: What was that? Didn't hear ya...i have the radio on let me turn it down. Say that again...
Trucker Dave: Nothing, just thinking.
Trucker 1: Wait, i don't think i heard you right...let me turn off the radio its still on. Say that one more time.
Trucker Dave: I'm not listening to anything. I'm just thinking. Its nice sometimes not having anything on you should try it sometime.
Trucker 1: Oh ok...Why?
Trucker Dave: Well it lets me reflect on a bunch of stuff and also lets me come up with a quick retort to your comments. See, that makes me come off as smart. i'm not smart i know that...but if you respond to someone quickly they think you are smart, and that's pretty much all that matters to me.
Trucker 1: oh ok, sorry to disrupt your thinking mr. sophisticated dave.

There you have it...what truckers talk about. Well, at least these two.

No comments: