Friday, October 3, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

After two days rest at floyd's it was time to do the final stretch home to wrap up this super long motorcycle trip. Of course my dad isn't gangsta enough to make the trip home in one day so we planned on staying in Pittsburgh for one night. In the morning i had some venison gravy junx that my aunt eileen made...soooo good. i love that stuff. Didn't even taste like deer...could have told me it was beef and i'd would believe you. Sure it was a little salty but its always salty, and delicious.

My dad wanted to meet someone in Michigan before going home...just adding to the travel time. We bet jim at a diner...i don't know why, we just ate! i wasn't going to get anything because i was full...but then he offered to pay for breakfast and i didn't want to be rude so i ordered the gyro meat with eggs. Boy do i regret that. i was so full i thought my eyes were going to pop out..(was that too gross?)

We arrived at Pittsburgh around 5pm and before going to the hotel we got dinner at our favorite church The Brew Works. For starters i ordered the 'untraditional' pierogies. They had something crazy in them like brauwurst and sauerkraut. Eh, should have gotten regular pierogies because there wasn't anything special about these and i was missing my potato.
Main course was chicken...delicious chicken which was one of their specials for Oktoberfest.
After dinner we went to our hotel east side of pitt and passed out. In the morning we were greeted by 48 degrees of cold and rain...awesome. i put on every layer i could, under armor long sleeve, long sleeve shirt, tshirt, wind breaker, and riding jacket. For my legs i was wearing underarmor bottoms, jeans, rain pants, and riding pants. The trick is to keep dry and block the wind...if you can do that you'll probably stay warm. i even broke out my snowboarding gloves...probably not very safe since i can't barely operate any of the buttons with them on but at least my hands are warm and dry?
We gunned it home. Never going below 70 mph. i don't care if it says 55 mph in the construction areas....there was no construction and i wanted to go home. Took us about 5 hours to get hom at around 3pm. First thing i did at home was get out of my millions of layers i was in and eat a sandwich..i was starving. Next thing...my bed. Oh did i miss my california king bed. i didn't care if the sun was still up and i wasn't tired...i laid in my bed regardless.

No comments: