Thursday, November 27, 2008

Trust Me Trust Me, I'm a Pharmacist...

First morning in Chau Doc we grabbed a bowl of pho, surprised? i'm not. We went to this pho shop that my sisters say is the best place in town. i'll be the judge of that. i don't know what to think anymore, i've had so many bowls of pho i don't know what its suppose to taste like. What i do know is that this bowl was way better than that one i had in Nha Trang or that bowl my first night in Saigon.
Cà phê sữa đá was the drink i had. i guess that's the way you spell it.
Here is the outside of the place.
i feel like a giant at these restaurants. With my knees hitting the bottom the table and sitting on these tiny kid stools..
This must be one of those cute Vietnamese girls brent was talking about.. Personally they don't do it for me. i have one Vietnamese woman (mom) in my life, and quite frankly that is more than enough.
After breakfast we hit up the Chau Doc market! This place is pretty crazy. Sure it doesn't offer as much stuff as the market in Saigon, but the when it comes to buying stuff here its way cheaper than in Saigon.
While walking around we stopped at my cousin's wife's pharmacy! If only one of my cousins had a rice patty, that would gangsta and i would be all over that. But i'll have to wait until we visit my great aunt to see that.
Here is our crazy house. My room is on the second level on the right. i have the smallest room in the house..lemon. But i also get the most sunlight! Take that suckers! Also, since the room is smaller it takes less time to cool it down with the air conditioning! holla!
There is also a dog here, well..i guess it belongs to my cousins. Its name is Baby. Apparently cheri named it after petting it for hours until it would stop whining all night. What happens when i try to pet him? He bites me. Right on the joint of my index finger and it hurts everytime i move it. Baby is lucky i don't eat dog. If i did he would already be in my stomach.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

YAY for #1 pho place in the world!!!!!

And technically mom is ony 3/4 vietnamese. And what about your sistas?!??! We are in your life too!! So you will have to add Cheri's, Marie's and my 1 and 1/8 vietnamese to mom's 3/4 vietnamese making 1 and 7/8 vietnamese women in your life. Hey I can do math!!! Mixed fractions are no match for me. . .i really do deserve my masters!

forgiven sinner said...

ooooh, she IS cute!


the verification word for this comment is "micks". should the irish in me be offended?