Monday, August 29, 2011

Ello Govena'

Arrived at Sydney, Nova Scotia from Saint John, New Brunswick. It was a brutal ride. Constant rain and a tease of a blue sky to the East that we never seemed to reach.

I was super hungry when we arrived to our destination 385 miles later. I picked out the Governor's Pub and Eatery. Looked like they had a good spread from the looks of their website. For appetizer I ordered the steamed mussels in garlic butter and white wine sauce. Very tasty.
Lots of Irish things in this place...
For my entree I ordered the fish n' chips made with haddock. It was awesome. I've never had such a fresh fried fish.
My Dad ordered the reuben which was awful. No thousand island dressing and the bread wasn't grilled and it was soggy. The soup of the day, some kind of barely was really good.
Uncle Floyd got the haddock on roasted potatoes.
Here is a silly guy getting his picture taken with the waitresses.
Found Scuba Steve in the hotel room...

No comments: