Monday, August 29, 2011

Puffin

Today we hung out in the area. The winds were pretty bad so it would have been pretty rough to ride to our next destination. On the site seeing tour we stopped at the Marconi Museum. Apparently its the "mecca" of wireless technology according to Uncle Floyd. It was the location of the first transatlantic broadcast.
It had some nice views too!
Here are our bikes!
In Baddeck, we were going to check out the Alexander Bell Graham museum but there was an obnoxious fee to enter and it looked pretty lame so we decided to go eat instead. Below is a picture of our sea food chowder.
Here is my "artsy" picture of a rail we passed. I had to walk through some brush to get here and while I was walking I thought to myself, "This would a perfect place for a snake..". What do I see right after I thought that? A snake! Freaked me out and I ran on the tracks. Luckily he was just as afraid of me and slithered away. All I saw was his tail.
Me and the sea...
Another "artsy" photo.
Here you can see how boats get through the rail!
Here is where Santa gets his mail at Christmas Island.
For dinner we went back to Governor's Pub and Eatery. It's really hard to find a place to eat in Sydney. Practically all the restaurants don't have a website let alone decent reviews.

Tonight we got some artichoke and spinach dip.
For dinner I ordered the curried seafood linguini. It was very tasty.
My dad ordered the seafood chowder,
Uncle Floyd went crazy and ordered the Thai peanut chicken stir fry. He said he enjoyed it.
Hopefully tomorrow we'll see some whales!

No comments: