Saturday, September 3, 2011

Cabot Trail

Been slackin' on the postings. We do all this riding and by the time we get settled in our hotel and get some food, the combination of being in the sun all day, full stomach, and buzzed from beer, I just pass out at the end of the day.

The next day of our adventure we did the famous "Cabot Trail". Supposedly world famous trail. It follows the coast of Cape Breton. However, most of the time you're too far inland with trees blocking your view of the ocean. Plus, if you're ever fortunate enough to drive the coastal highway in California, the view from Cabot Trial at times seems lame. But here I have a great shot for you!
We also ventured down to this place called "Meat Cove". It was pretty ghetto. A windy dirt road with turns and uphill and downhills. Coming across this rickety wooden bridge I thought my bike was going to tip so I revved the engine not thinking about the 90 degree turn at the end of the bridge. I ended up braking while turning on a dirt road and totally bit it. I should have just straightened my bike on the bridge and stopped. My bike was fine thanks to the engine guards, my right knee however got a little roughed up.

Despite the fall, ended up being a nice scenic ride. Ended the day in a tiny town called Mabou. Ate at a place called the "Red Shoe". I ordered the Shepard's Pie. Its pretty delicious. Funny though how the mash potatoes were served on the side.
Our accommodations for the night were in a cottage! A fancy modern cottage at that with wifi!
Too bad we only stayed one night. I enjoyed having the tv room to myself with several feet and a wall separating me from my Dad's chainsaw snoring.
Here is the kitchen! Not bad for under $160/night.
I'll miss you fancy cottage.

No comments: