Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Time Traveling

Our next destination was Wilton, ME which was about 385 miles from Moncton. It was a pretty brutal ride. Luckily though going through U.S. customs was a breeze. We even gained an hour crossing the border. Who knew there was another time zone farther East? We stayed at a Comfort Inn & Suites which apparently had a "Platinum Award" for good service. Uncle Floyd asked for dinner recommendations and he suggested the Calzolaio Pasta Co. Our only requirement was that the place had beer on tap and they had that so it was a go.

For appetizer my Dad and I split the New England Clam Chowder. Creamy and delicious. We also ordered the Stuffed Portabellini Mushrooms, silver dollar portabellas stuffed with pancetta and sausage stuffing topped with marsala and mozzarella. They were fantastic. I could have eaten another plate of them.
Mushrooms!
For my entree I had the special that night which was a lobster, clam, shrimp "scampi". It was probably one of the best meals of the trip. The lobster was over the top good. I wish I could bath in this dish.
My Dad had a boring salad. The fresh mozzarella on it was really good though.
Uncle Floyd went the healthier route and ordered off the "vegetariano" menu. He got the risotto al fresco consisting of zucchini, sun dried tomato's, and fresh broccoli simmered in veggie stock, wine, and herbs. I'm sure it was good but come compared to my dish it was just mediocre, :P.
The three of us split a dessert because we were so full but we had to try the apple strawberry pie. At least I think it was apple strawberry...I ate it to quickly before snapping a picture of it.
Throughout dinner we were entertained by this little girl who was munching on muscles, clams, and other sea foods all night! That's what I like to see! A child that isn't a picky eater!
When we got back to the hotel, we suited up and jumped in the hot tub. It felt great. We really need to look for more hotels with hot tubs because my back was killing me.

No comments: