Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ze Goggles, Zey Do Nothing!

Today we headed to Prince Edward Island. But first we checked out the shores around Mabou and a whiskey distillery! At the distillery there was this motorcycle couple from California drying their underwear on their bike. It was pretty gross. I didn't need to know the guy wore tightie whities or his wife likes black with lace underwear. I should have gotten a picture of the wife, then you would know what I mean.
Here is the distillery! Apparently the only single malt distillery in Canada. But not for long as there is another single malt company starting up.
They only produce booze during the winter. The rest of the year they give tours and have cabins for rent.
We then caught a ferry to Prince Edward Island (PEI). The crew on the ferry didn't seem to care if we tied down our bikes or not.
The ferry ride was about 50 minutes long. I decided to enjoy and ice cream while I waited. The flavor I got was called "Wowie Cowie". Not sure what the name was all about but it had a bunch of caramel on it.
Uncle Floyd looking pretty sinister with his ice cream.
Uncle Floyd asked me if I could see the whale in this picture. Never saw it. He must have been pulling my leg.
For our first dinner at PEI, we went to Gahan Brewery! The only micro brewery on the island so we had to check it out.
I had the special for dinner which was halibut with lamb ragu. The fish was cooked perfectly and the lamb was a nice compliment. I just wish the portion was a little bigger
For dessert I had the chocolate cheesecake. It was pretty good. Though I prefer New York style cheesecake.
Here is the ceiling! I thought it was interesting that the a/c vent was curved with the dome. Its the little things, right?
Here is some of the decor. It was a really neat place, and great beer.

No comments: