Sunday, September 4, 2011

Light It Up

The pictures here are our tour of the east coast of Prince Edward Island. We decided to check out lighthouses since Uncle Floyd and Dad have thing for them.
Its pretty silly, it costs $4 to walk up one of these things. There should be an all day pass you can get so you can go up as many lighthouses that you want.
Between the two lighthouses we visited, we stopped by a winery called Rossignol. The winery was recommended by a friend. The winery had some interesting wines. One of which was a strawberry rhubarb!
The next light house we visited had some history tied to Marconi. This lighthouse was actually used to communicate with the Titanic before it sank!
Babo enjoys lighthouses too.
This contraption is cool. Its some crazy light that automatically changes the bulb when one burns out. Why don't we have more of these around??
This box is a fog horn. its pretty obnoxious. It took us forever to get some footage of me using it. The person working at the lighthouse must have been annoyed.
For dinner we went back downtown in Charlottetown.
We went to Olde Dublin Pub for dinner. I had the lobster stew which was very rich, creamy, and delicious.
My Dad ordered the steak and guinness pot pie. I thought it was alright. I enjoyed my dish more.
For dessert I had the bailey's cheesecake. It was fantastic. I prefer it over the cheesecake from Gahan.
Uncle Floyd and Dad had some crazy whiskey bread pudding. It was super sweet and very filling.

No comments: