Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Stop

Its that time of the year again where my Dad, Uncle Floyd, and I venture off on our bikes on another adventure. The destination this trip is Nova Scotia. I hear its pretty up there so I bought the big camera to capture some pictures.

Our first day brought us to Paramus, NJ. If you haven't been here, you're not missing too much. Really, I had more fun in Newton, Kansas.

For dinner I picked out the Bistro 55 located on route 17. I saw a picture on yelp of the fried olives and decided I must try them.
They were good but with all fried things I felt like I had an oily pool sloshing in my stomach after eating them.
For dinner I had the bistro burger. Apparently its grass fed cow. It was a pretty good burger. The cole slaw with it was better than most I've had. Had a little tang or something in it. I like to thing it was horseradish.

What I should have ordered was the Duck Confit Grilled Cheese. I had a bite of my Dad's and it was crazy good. Just juicy duck fat and cheese. I could blend it and drink it.
Uncle Floyd had the salmon. I think it was served with some kind of jicama salad, I may be wrong. It looked good though. They had some fancy beers at this place too. Most of them from Brooklyn Brewery but there were some from Dogfish Head as well as Unibroue.
I was tempted to order some seafood, but I'll save that for when get farther up north where I know there will be some fresh crustaceans and the like.

No comments: