Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Art Born from Boredom

When I was doing my internship, I had a lot of time on my hands. I would come into work and sit down at my cubicle, and just sit there for 8 hours with nothing to do. While randomly searching programs on my computer, I saw that I had bitmap. I decided to draw...I title this one "Keg".
After looking at this picture for awhile, I realized that you can't have a keg with out a game of beer pong...

I don't know where my next idea for drawing came from...but I then drew this:

I guess because alcohol is a depressant, and if you drink and drive you'll probably hit a squirrel. Next is an ocean scene, despite what it might look like the stick figure is not suicidal...

For the next one, I was thinking you always hear about "Mad" scientists, but you never hear about the happy ones! What's up with that?

I was in the islander mood for the next one, or I was inspired from watching Cast Away prior:

I like the crab, he's pretty cool looking. Also the coconut is pretty badass. If I had to be a coconut I would be that one. The tree took forever to draw, I'm so bad at drawing trees. Everyone else could draw them better in my kindergarten class.

I thought I was done drawing. But then one of my email buddies asked me to do a scuba diving picture because I like to scuba dive. Then I thought I would turn it around and told them,"you draw one first! and we'll see who's picture is better..." Here is her picture:


I'm sure I spent a little more time on mine:

Titled this one "Scuba Steve". So yeah, those are my bitmap works of art. Maybe I'll draw some more sometime...maybe at my next job.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Wow - your scuba diver kicks her scuba diver's butt! Love the artwork. Maybe your next job should be illustrating children's picture books about drunkedness and underwater discoveries (and how the two should never mix).