Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Going On a Booze Cruise On Lake Wallenpaupack

5 Days ago I was really bored and got my Dad to start making wine again so I had something to do. Went to the local Beer/Wine store and bought a fancy little starter kit for making wine. It wasn't exactly cheap...it was about 90 bones for the kit and another 60 bones for the grape juice concentrate.

Though the one thing that bothered me was that my Dad had made wine before, but when we opened the kit...he didn't really know what any of the stuff was for except for the carboy and stoppers, wasn't really familiar with the crazy chemicals.

Here is the cool box most of the stuff came in:

This is the bucket for the first fermentation:

Here are some random packets of chemicals that came with the concentrate:

Today we racked the wine out of the bucket to the carboy (fancy name for just a glass jug):


Here is my sexy arm holding the siphon:

And here is the all the tine in the carboy:


Now I just have to wait another 10 days before checking the gravity of this junx, add some more chemicals to make it taste better or something...and then wait another 14 days before bottling this junx. Its about 6 gallons of wine, so hopefully I'll get 23 bottles if they're liter bottles...or 30 750 mL bottles...either way...sweet...

1 comment:

Chelle said...

OOOOoooo looks like a fun prject. At least if it blows up security won't come and kick your butts out of the country!