Thursday, November 1, 2007

For the Grass

There is a pond behind the house. It's pretty big and its usually filled with millions of lilies. Though when its starts to get colder, all the lilies die leaving a nice wide open body of water for the geese to land and hang out in. Of course the geese don't stay in the pond. They have to walk up and eat the grass in the back yard. Also the geese like to poop all over the place, especially where the driveway is located.

This isn't just a few geese, its like the entire population of geese from Canada like to migrate to this little pond and take over the backyard. I don't even like grass, I could care less what shape its in...but after seeing these monsters destroy the yard I'm compelled to save those defenseless blades of monocotyledonous green plant.



Now I guess I could just walk out there and the geese will return to the pond after waving my arms and maybe even yelling a bit. But I don't really feel like walking out there and that whole process just isn't fast enough.
I'd rather just break out a BB gun and shoot them from a distance. Of course their feathers are thick to do any damage, but its enough to get them to flock back into the pond and swim on the far end of it.


Another victory for Lazy Son...

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Thus earning your new nickname "Lazyson Ranger: Candadian Geese Wrangler"