Tuesday, December 4, 2007

All Dogs Go to Heaven

~ Daisy~

After putting Daisy through three days of treatment, her kidneys did not make any significant improvement. The vet said I could take her home for a few hours before having to bring her back to put her down. Though after talking a bit she agreed that we could even have her stay with us over night.

The vet then said,"not to make you feel concerned or anything, but Daisy may die on her own tonight...". Yeah right, my dog wouldn't die on me. Well, not over one night. So I took home Sunday night, brushed her, petted her, and took like 100 pictures of her.

Witnessing Daisy being put to sleep was probably the hardest thing ever. But it was just a matter of time she would die. Her kidneys would soon fail and she hasn't had a bite to eat for over a week. I guess the worst part of the whole thing was that she tried to bite the catheter while they were injecting the anesthetic like she wasn't ready to die.

Daisy was a great dog, the only thing that would have made a her a better dog would probably being able to open the fridge and make me a sandwich and grab me a beer. I'll miss her.

I was pretty bummed out, I don't think I've ever cried so much in my life...She lived a pretty good life, lived almost 15 years.

Pictures of Daisy...


No comments: