Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Super Smart Animal...

In the basement we have some drop ceiling. Almost every night, I hear some kind of animal above scratching or digging at the walls. But I never hear it run around, just a scratching noise. Though, the one night my sister was here...we were watching movie (Rush Hour 3) and heard the most ridiculous noises. Like huge thumps and all kinds of noises you would expect from a small animal running around on the drop ceiling. It was ridiculous, sounded like a small cat or raccoon was above us running all around in the basement.

The next day I told my dad about it and we went to the hardware store to get us a box trap. Never buy a box trap, they're worthless. I'm better off pulling a small tree over with bait, rope, and a stake like they do in the cartoons. I've set the trap several times and the cheese keeps getting consumed and the trap door will be open sometimes and other times it will be closed.

So either the huge animal i heard the other night is gone, and all that is up there are some small mice that can squeeze out of the cage, or we're dealing with some super smart critters that use team work...one holds the door while the other grabs the food...or the animals can walk through walls because it was part of some lab experiment and radiation...

I'm just going to keep setting it every night, I might end up having to put a video camera with a light to see what's going on.
I even set the trap with peanut butter holding the cheese to the plate, but the cheese was just nibbled on and the door closed with no signs of the animal other than the eaten cheese...

No comments: