Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

As always, I fail to tell my parents what to get me for Christmas, so when it comes to opening presents I get nothing but a couple of shirts and possibly a sweater. A tasteful sweater, none of these ridiculous red sweaters with santas and snowmans on them.

The only thing I really enjoy during Christmas is watching my nephews and nieces open there presents, but half of them are in Saudi Arabia so I guess I only got half the joy that I usually get this time of year...
Some people did know what they wanted for Christmas, like a 6 foot 2 inch didgeridoo. Which is practically the only thing my cousin Brent wanted. Good for him, now if he could only play it...
One of the big shopping items this Christmas was a new LCD or Plasma tv. Although it was one of the most popular buys for families this Christmas, mine was not one of them. But Brent's was! Nothing is better than witnessing a father and son mount their new 42" plasma on the wall...ok, maybe there are some better things.
Something new this year was my mom organizing the Christmas play for her Catholic church. That was in Vietnamese, most of the Vietnamese children don't even understand Vietnamese very well so that made the rehearsals a little more interesting. But it turned out well, and I'm sure my mom will end up doing it again last year...she enjoyed way too much tell people what to do. Dano and Acacia even got to be in the play even though they never rehearsed with all the other kids until the day it was presented.

No comments: