Sunday, March 23, 2008

Early Easter Dinner

Every year my mom has her Easter dinner the day before Easter. Because everyone already has plans Easter Day. Easter was a little different this year, my sister's and their family were not here so i didn't have my six nieces and nephews climbing on me before and after dinner like i'm some kind of organic jungle gym. One of their favorite things to do is to sit on my feet, and they ask me to walk around like i'm some ride at an amusement park...

i didn't get a Easter basket this year...i guess i'm too old to get an basket, sniff. Not only was i kind of saddened from the fact that i didn't get a basket, i had to look at this thing every time i walked into the kitchen...
This has got to be one of the scariest ceramic objects in our house. Of course my mom thinks its cute but it has to be the scariest pig ever. It looks like a pig that died, got buried, dug himself out, killed a chef at a french restaurant, and jacked his clothes.

This was my uncles' and aunts' first time having ham, they said they liked it a lot. Usually when they pig, its your typical roast pig drenched in some red bbq sauce.
My mom cooked up a storm. On the table there was egg rolls, salad, ham, corn, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and fried rice.
i wasn't really feeling the picture moment so i went head and started helping myself to the ham. i thought brent was going to eat a lot but he didn't to my disappointment. Turned out he had just woken up a little before dinner and this was really his lunch and it wouldn't be long until he got his second dinner.

No comments: