Sunday, March 23, 2008

To The Diner

After everyone bounced from the Easter dinner, brent messaged me and said he wanted to get something to eat. His restuarant of choice was Michael's Restaurant. Pretty sure i've never been here before but i've heard good things from brent and other people so i was willing to give it a try even though i wasn't hungry. Turns out my sister ria worked there according to my dad a million years ago as a host.
Sorry for the blurry picture, i'm no professional photographer. Brent arrived at the diner a little bit before me. We walked in and ask for non-smoking. The guy asked if a table was okay rather than a booth, and before i could answer brent said a table would be fine. While i was thinking, "no! if i got to a place that has booths, i want a booth!". Its pretty much the rule when going to a diner with a small party, you have to sit at a booth. Oh well, i guess i'll live. We sat down and our waitress was kind of rude, and she didn't refill my glass of water. i wasn't going to order anything but while looking at the very extensive menu i saw something that caught my eye, the Greek Gyro. Not quite sure what other kind of gyros there but i had to have one. Its the closest thing to a shawarma i can get, and boy do i enjoy my shawarmas.

Brent took his healthy root as usualy and got some mozzarella sticks and a burger. The mozzarella sticks were massive, like they were the largest sticks i've ever seen in my life. i wanted to try one but i kept telling myself i'm fat and i don't need a deep fried piece of cheese. The gyro i had was pretty much amazing, just as good as the ones i use to get at the grease trucks in philly. The only thing that would have made that second dinner more enjoyable was if our waitress was a little more friendly. i'm sure she just wasn't having a fantastic day and she is much more enjoyable on other days.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Johann,
I would have appreciated a link to the words "Greek Gyro" because I am not quite sure what a Greek Gyro is. Now I am left wondering what kind of delicious food you devoured. Great.