Thursday, May 22, 2008

Changed My Pipes

Somehow yesterday i got caught up watching videos of bikes on youtube. In most of the videos people were making a big deal of how loud their pipes where and how great it was to not have baffles. Prior to my motorcycle trip last year i put the stock pipes on my bike since my uncle threatened to make me ride a mile ahead or behind him since the cobra bikes that were currently on the bike would be too loud and make his ride less enjoyable.

Well i was really bored and i decided to put the cobra pipes back on, how do you like them apples?! Of course i had to use the dreaded allen wrench. Ugh, my most despised tool ever...some how i always hurt my hand using them. i made the horrible mistake of taking the cover off to the tool box in my bike, i spent like 20 minutes trying to put it back on and failed miserably. So i went back to taking the stock pipes off.
i forgot how heavy the stock pipes were...they're monsters while the cobra pipes are like 20 lbs less if not more. Plus i lost a few pounds so i bet my bike will really enjoy that. Might even get a mile or two more out of it...probably not. Anyway, i fired up the hog (bike) after i got the cobra pipes on and now its like a 10 times louder...maybe too loud. Now i can't sneak up on cars on the road anymore. Maybe thats a good thing. A couple more days it should be in the 70s and i'll be riding.

No comments: