Monday, May 12, 2008

The New Hubbly

While in Saudi, my mom was determined to buy me a new hookah because she thought my pumpkin one wasn't good enough and it was too much of a hassle to transport my nice one.

We stopped at this pretty old school store down town in Al Khobar. The guy didn't know any english but that didn't mean he didn't have a good selection. i had no say in which hookah we were going to buy, my mom saw the one she wanted for me two seconds in the store and wanted 3 of them. Of course the guy only had one so we got it. It was made in China.

The case has a lock and everything, its pretty ridiculous. Like i'm carrying money for some drug deal or something...
When you open this bad boy up its like you're assembling a sniper rifle or something. So crazy...the problem you run into when you buy a hookah that comes in a case is that it is usually machine made and you'll find that some parts don't fit well and you'll have leaks...but again, my mom wanted this one so it didn't matter what i said.

When picking out a hose, for some reason i picked the green one because i like green...not thinking that it would clash with the vase that was brown...i guess it won't bother me that much, hopefully. Maybe i could paint it?
i have only used this guy twice which was in Saudi, i have yet to use it in PA...
i did however buy some wood coals at that store, they're pretty sweet. You can really tell a difference, its a lot smoother and you can smell the flavored tobacco much better.

No comments: