Thursday, May 1, 2008

Phillies Game

For an excuse to go out and drink, some of my friends decided to plan an outing to a Phillies game. Of course none of my friends are amazing at planning stuff so the tickets weren't bought until 5 hours before the game. But we got the tickets and they were waiting for us at the Citizen's Bank Park.

Instead of the game, i was thinking about making everyone come to my house and we would hit up a karaoke bar...but of course none of my friends wanted to do that. Its been awhile since i've been to a Phillies game so i went ahead and agreed to doing that.

It happened to be free bobble head day on my birthday, so i got another bobble head...Jamie Moyer, a 45 year old pitcher. Pretty ridiculous. Now i have another bobble head to keep chase utley company.
The next thing to do at the game was to get my hands on a delicious sandwich called the schmitter.

You would think the sandwich would be bigger from the picture...but its still delicious. The only problem was that when ever i get one of these bad boys, it takes me forever to get to my seat and by that time my sandwich is cold. i have yet to have a schmitter that is hot. i know, i could just eat it once i pick it up...but then i wouldn't be using my seat that i paid for! Okay, next time i'm going to eat it right away, maybe two.
Of course the Phillies lost that night. They always lose when i got to the game...its like they know i'm coming and they lose on purpose just to spite me. Stupid Phillies..
Manthan tried getting my name on the screen thing but you have to call that in a week in advance. Poor planning on manthan's part...i guess its the thought that counts, but that isn't good enough to get it on the Citizens Bank Park Monitor.
After the game we headed to Drinker's Bar...one the way there Ryan wussed out and went home, something about school, lame. At Drinker's we met up with John and Graham. i believe everyone bought me a beer except Graham. See if i'll buy you a beer on your birthday.

Graham later got a call from the g/f and left us. On our way to Irish Pub, manthan ditched us so it was just down to John, Rich, and myself.
Rich didn't seem too thrilled about getting his picture taken...i made the mistake of picking bars in center city. No one goes to those bars on Wednesdays. Should have gone towards Penn's campus. Oh well...next time i'll know better, i hope. We got back to rich's and john's place around midnight and we all passed out right away. i was still suffering from jet lag.

No comments: