Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mimi's For Christmas Dinner

I was fortunate enough to be invited to Mimi's for her fam's Christmas dinner. I had not been invited, I'd be forced to hang out with a bunch of Asians at my aunt's place. I was told Mimi's shin dig was at 4pm. Thinking that people would show some kind of respect to the elderly and show up on time, I made sure I was there on time. I arrived at 4:03 pm to find that I was the first one to arrive. I admit it was a little awkward since it was just Mimi, Lynn, and I chatting but there was lots of appetizers and drink (Snapple) to keep me satisfied.

Bekah and David were the next to arrive and they didn't come until 50 minutes after I did. The first thing David said to me was,"Arriving on time never pays off". Hopefully I remember this next time.

Most of the evening seemed to revolve around group pictures.
Here Josh, Uncle Gary, and I are hanging out on the couch watching people get their picture taken.
Another picture of Julie and I.
My parents. Whenever I see a picture of my Dad and I, I'm bitter that he's taller than me. I feel like the son should eventually pass his father in height. But considering my mom is so short, I'm at least thankful to be taller than my diva sisters.
My mom is notorious for taking awkward photos. Here is the awkward photo of the night. I think this photo would have been okay if they weren't holding hands. My mom is wearing her mink coat she has had as long as I can remember. It was my favorite coat of her growing up because I would spend hours just petting it as if it were a dog or something.
That night someone asked,"what's a mink coat made out of?". Um...mink? They then asked what a mink was. I've always thought of them in the same family as otter or weasel.

The next photo, you'll see that everyone wanted a picture taken with "their" camera.
The cousins and grandparents.
The obligatory silly picture.
There was a surprise guest that night, Winston! It was good seeing him Christmas Eve and didn't think it would be so soon when I would see him again. It was a nice surprise. I think he's nine years old? I've always remember him as a boring pet but this encounter with him and the previous one he's been a lot more active and cheerful. Its almost as if he became a puppy again.
Ugh I can't wait to have my own dog. I really think a pet is required for happiness, unless you have a child because that's pretty much a pet but much more expensive.