Monday, January 31, 2011

Pho Real!

If you want to get a real bowl of pho, you usually have to go to China Town or Vietnam. But lucky us have the Vietnam Cafe which is relatively close by. A hot bowl of pho really hits the spot during these cold winter days.

I was really craving egg rolls so I snagged some for an appetizer as well as some hot tea.
These egg rolls are not as good as my mom's, but they're still quite tasty.
Here is the bowl of pho before all the fixings are put in. A bowl slightly smaller than this would cost 35 cents in Vietnam. You can see that the meat is still rare and you have to submerge it in the broth to cook it further.
I like to put a lot of sriracha and hoisin sauce in mine.
Oh man, I love pho. I could eat it every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Pho is actually a breakfast dish in Vietnam, a little fun fact for you free of charge.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Ohhhhhh yum yum yummy pho!!!! Jealous.