Thursday, January 6, 2011

My New Years Eve

New Years Eve, it was interesting to say the least. I went to one of my high school buddy's (Drew) place. The first thing I noticed was the food spread. It was amazing. Pulled pork, deli meat, buffalo chicken dip, bacon wrapped scallops, mini quiche, spanokopita, shrimp cocktail, crab meat deviled eggs, salmon cucumber bites, and lots of booze.
I don't know why but foosball was such a big deal in high school. I never got into it. So I spent most of the night snacking on shrimp and the salmon cucumber bites.
I always get nervous at these formal dress events. I never know if I'm going to over do it or not look nice enough. But I looked pretty sharp. Also, for some reason I look unusually slim in some of these photos, must be the lens on the camera.
Here are most of the guys at the party, most of which I graduated with.
Here is what looks like a failed attempt at a "high-five". But that doesn't matter, what does matter is that I rocked the pong table. Though no one probably noticed. But the "Saudi Sniper" lives up to his name once again.
The next day I was trying to leave but Drew and Lee insisted that we set up the hookah once more. I didn't want to because I didn't have any quick lighting coals. We tried lighting the coals for several minutes with a lighter because came up short. Finally, we doused the coals with lighter fluid which still didn't work.
Drew and I were ready to give up but Lee was determined. He succeeded by splitting the coals in half and blowing on the them continuously. Just goes to show that perseverance and determination pays off. This last photo should totally be one of those inspirational posters in an office somewhere. I know that would get me motivated.

No comments: