Friday, February 25, 2011

Breakfast Bowl

The church my dad and I go to hosted this "Breakfast Bowl". The speaker for the event was Michael Franzese, a former mob boss for the Colombo crime family in the 1980's. We heard him talk the week before, and afterwards, a pastor made an announcement that he would be speaking at the breakfast bowl and it would be a "completely different" topic. It would be about "sports". Since his talk that Sunday was enjoyable, we decided to purchase two $15 tickets for the bowl.

What does his talk end up being about? His life, which was pretty much word for word of the same talk he gave the Sunday before. I was completing his sentences in my head it was so similar. He did spend 15 minutes after his talk about sports betting. But I felt tricked into thinking he would be talking about something new that day. His talk was mostly about how he had it all. No respect for the law and had houses in each corner of the U.S., a boat, plane, and helicopter. He gave it all up because he met this good looking Hispanic Christian girl. He knew he had to change to make a life with her. So he did some time in prison and made a break from the family in 1993.

The breakfast was alright. For some reason I was hoping that it would be better. But I guess if you're supplying breakfast for 1600 smelly men, you can't get too fancy.

My plate consisted of bacon, eggs, pancake, home fries, sausage, danish, and a cup of fruit. I really just wanted some cream chipped beef, I love that stuff.

No comments: