Friday, February 11, 2011

Camelback Mountain!

Got another snowboarding/ski trip in! This time it was Camelback Mountain. It was just Rich and I since it was a Friday. We wanted to take advantage of the midweek prices. We also saved 3 bones buy purchasing the tickets online.

I don't get it, their logo is a "M" made to look like two humps on a camel (bactrian), but this statue here is just a one hump camel (dromedary). Whatever, did you know that they use robot jockeys for camel races? A little fun fact for you, free of charge!
Rich has been skiing much longer than I have been snowboarding. That paired with skis being faster, he always beats me down the mountain as one can see in this picture below.
These pictures are actually stills taken from my flip camera. They aren't half bad! This is my first time using the feature in the included software.
What's skiing without alcohol? I'm not sure if it is legal or not, but we packed some cans in our jackets for the ski lift rides. This is my first time having Blue Moon in the can. I prefer bottles but cans are much more convenient to pack.
While on the one of the lifts, there is a trash can located under the path of the lift with a wooden funnel above it to help make the trash can. Rich and I both made it with our cans, there would be a prize for that or something.
We arrived at the mountain a little before 10:30 am and didn't head out until 6 pm. We took a couple pee breaks and a lunch but other than that we were on the mountain the whole time. I was expecting the trails to be a little longer but despite that it was a lot of fun! I think I prefer Blue Mountain, but last time I was there it was super crowded. With these smaller mountains its better to hit them during the week. Surprisingly, there was a good number of people on the slopes for a weekday but it wasn't too bad.

No comments: