Friday, February 4, 2011

Sushi Time!

My mom's priest friend wanted to take us out for dinner. He took us to this sushi buffet called Minado. I've been to a few sushi buffets in my time, they're never as good as sushi restaurants but for what they are they're alright.

There was a crazy spread at this place. I tried so many I forgot what I had even thought I snagged some pictures. The ones on the left are supposedly "Volcano Rolls" and the ones on the right are tempura ones but I forget what was in them. They were all really good. The deep fried ones were like crack. There seemed to be a pretty quick turnover on the sushi so they didn't stay out too long before getting eaten.
My second plate was a little more exotic. The purple looking sushi is died with beets! At the bottom of the picture we have eel, squid, and octopus! The one thing on this plate I wasn't crazy about was the mussel. This was the first time I've had a mussel cold and it almost ruined my meal. Not sure if it was just the way they prepared it or it was due to the nasty cold state it was in.
On this plate I believe we have some more tempura sushi, mango squid, coconut shrimp, grilled shrimp on a skewer, mini crab cake, some crazy raw beef stuff, and a cooked beef thing. This was the first time I've had grilled squid and it was quite enjoyable.
At this point was super stuffed but I just had to fit dessert in. I decided to go with a green tea theme. I got green tea ice cream, green tea cheese cake, and green tea sponge cake! The cakes were disappointing. I was really excited about the cheesecake but it didn't taste anything like cheese cake. The sponge cake was a little bit better but I would have liked some more green tea punch. The ice cream on the other hand was ballin'. Its so good I might have to put it on my top 5 favorite ice cream flavors! It kind of looks like green poop in the picture, but once you try it you'll be in love too.
If you're passing through the East Norriton area, you should hit this place up.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I had green tea ice cream for the first time this past summer - with Dad and Cheri in Philly. . .AMAZING!!