Monday, February 21, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Blizzard! Well, not a real blizzard but for someone that has grown up in Saudi Arabia, it seems pretty close. A couple weeks ago we got a bunch of snow over the course of two days, at least 15 inches. Below are some pictures I took of the winter wonderland!
Every year this cherry blossom (small tree) looks like its dead but proves me otherwise when its in full blossom in the spring. I like cherry blossoms, but it seems as though their flowers fall off in a matter of weeks which is kind of a bummer.
Snow on the street!
Because my family is not normal and our three door garage is too full of junk to hide one car from the elements, I'm the only one in our neighborhood who is shoveling snow in the driveway even though the community has a plowing service that clears the driveways.

Below is a picture during my shuffling of the cars so I can get to the snow. This picture also features the Hybrid, which I have to give up today, rats! Even though it doesn't have as much "pick up" as the Mazda 6, its fancy gas efficiency, push to start button, XM radio, USB mp3 support, bluetooth, etc. far make up for it.
It happened to snow on a Wednesday aka "Trash Day" and of course I didn't get the trash out the night before so I had to shovel a path to the road and then shovel a nook out of the snow in the road to place the trash can.
I wish it would only snow on Mondays so I can get take advantage of the powder and "Men's Day" discount at Spring Mountain.

No comments: