Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Hybrid

While my car was in the auto repair shop, I was fortunate to get a rental car for free. The Hertz gave me a 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid! I've never been in a hybrid let alone been in one so I was really excited.

I was expecting some ridiculous gas mileage but apparently this whip only gets 33 city/34 highway mpg. Which is good but I thought these things were suppose to get 40 or something.
Its been really fun driving this car. It sounds like a golf cart when just the electric engine is running and it has a decent sound system. It has a USB port so you can plug in your iPod or other mp3 player. Of course while I was driving the "maintenance required" warning came on and wouldn't let view any information such as temperature, average speed, eco chart, etc. for more than 2 seconds before blinking the warning again. Luckily, I was able to reset it after spending 10 minutes reading the manual.
One of my favorite features of this car is the wireless key and the push to start button. Now I kind of wish my car was as cool as this one. At least my Mazda has a sunroof and a wicked cool spoiler!

No comments: