Monday, February 14, 2011

This is Pedestrian at Best

Ever watch Top Chef? This one episode, Padma Lakshmi described the dish she tasted as "pedestrian at best". Really? I thought it was a little harsh. The other judges were not nearly as critical as she was. Anyway, the other night my parents, Father Quan, and myself went to William Penn Inn for dinner. My parents have been holding onto a 100 bone gift certificate for over a year and thought it was about time we use it. Father Quan also had 75 bones in gift cards as well. Of course between the four of us the bill was much more than that.

For my first course I got the Maine Lobster Bisque soup! I'm not even sure what bisque is. I just know I had crab bisque in Hilton Head one time and it was delicious. So was this by the way.
For the main course I played it safe and got the Penn's Surf n' Turf. Which is two crab cakes and a 6 oz filet. Both were very good. Its been a long time since I've had a fresh crab cake. The steak was good as well. My Dad and Father Quan had the rack of lamb. The lamb was very tender and cooked to near perfection. My Mom ordered the classic Surf n' Turf, 6 oz lobster tail and filet.
For dessert I had the "Inn" Cheesecake. It was the restaurants spin on a classic cheesecake which was also very good. I seem to go through phases when it comes to cheese cake. Sometimes I prefer it to be very light and other times dense and packed with flavor. This happened to be a little heavier and I was in the mood for it so it just made it that much better. Oh man I love cheese cake.
William Penn Inn is a pretty fancy place. Its been around since 1714! The best deal they have is their buffet in my opinion.

No comments: