Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Year of the Rabbit

According to my resources, it is year of the rabbit! Chinese New Year/Tet was celebrated at my mom's church a couple weeks ago. It was a pretty hectic time. It seemed like my mom was hosting a party practically everyday.

Below is a veggie center piece she made as well as some banana leaf wrapped things. I have no idea what they're called but the ones made with banana in the center are the best.
Remember when my mom made my dad collect tree branches? Well this is what they were used for. Mostly center pieces on the tables as well as some bigger branches in these 5 foot vases. For some reason she left the price tags on the little charm ornament things.
The food was alright. Not much as much variety that there has been in the past. A little bean sprout salad, the banana leaf thing on the left, succulent Chinese roast pork top right, and some crazy rice noodle sheet things with pork roll.
I'm sure my mom lives for this event. She beats the drum for the lion dance and also sings on stage. She was really into this year moving around a lot.
Here is the priest my mom is always hanging out with, Father Quan.

No comments: