Tuesday, February 5, 2008

First Ski Trip of 2008

:Last year i went on my first ski trip. It was at Stowe in Vermont. My friend manthan convinced me to snowboard too rather than ski. He said skiing was harder...yeah right. I also took a beginners class so i wasn't totally clueless on the slopes. It helped a lot but what didn't help was that i was totally out of shape and by the second day on the mountain, i had gotten a lot better at snowboarding but didn't really matter because i could barely hold myself up. Pretty much just rolled down the slopes...

The gear i rented at Stowe wasn't that great either. Pretty sure they didn't give me a wide board for my big feet and i would just sink in the snow because i was so heavy. That was probably a good thing so i wouldn't go ridiculously fast and collide with a tree or ski pole.

i have a trip coming up this friday at Mount Snow. A little bit closer than Stowe but i'll be tagging along on a bus with a bunch of kids from an elementary school. Not really looking forward to that 5 1/2 hour bus ride, but i'll bring a flask to make it bearable.

So i don't look like a total noob, i bought a snowboard! One of my friends said they could get me like 20-60% discount on snowboards because they worked at a ski resort...but of course that fell through and i ended up going to a buckman's and paying full price.

There is one thing i'm worried about though, i came back from philly one night after a few drinks...and thought it would be fun to 'limbo' under a security gate....in the process i heard something pop in my knee and i felt this horrible pain...that was back in october...and my knee still hurts when i walk or stand for over 20 minutes...so if i don't blog after a month of my last post, i probably died at Mount Snow.

Here is my sweet snowboard that looks like a dollar bill...okay, its pretty lame but at least its my size.

No comments: