Friday, February 22, 2008

Like Million Calories

Today was another uneventful day. Only thing that went down was my Grandpa calling to have some help with his computer. He has Quicken for his finance junx and has it back up on a flash drive plugged in back of his computer. The flash drive has a 256 MB capacity and even though the settings on Quicken are set to delete old back ups...it doesn't and after about 24 back ups its filled up and freaks out saying there is no more space left.

Pretty lame i know, so my dad and i had to go over there and show Grandpa how to access the flash drive and delete the old files. Might have been able to do it over the phone, but knowing my Grandpa that would probably just cause more problems. i built his computer too, so i feel the need to see it now and then...like its my child or something. i know weird...i'm just a dork that way.

Of course there were some other things Grandpa wanted done. About an hour and a half later i'm ready to bounce. On the way home my dad said he wanted to go out to eat. He didn't know where though. He was thinking T.G.I Friday's. i wasn't really in the mood so we ended up going to Romano's Macaroni Grill.

i've never been there before and when we rolled into the parking lot pretty much every spot was taken. But when we got inside it the place was maybe half full. We were soon seated at a booth and our server's name was Lisa. She even wrote it on the table cloth. Or, on the giant paper on top of the table cloth. Took me awhile to decided what to order. We busted out the Calamari Fritti, its been awhile since i had some calamari. For the main course i ordered the Chicken & Shrimp Scaloppine and my dad got the Lobster Ravioli. To wash it all down we got a bottle of Chianti. The wine was good but wasn't a good idea
to get a red with chicken and shrimp thats been cooked with white wine. i'm not saying i know anything about wine because i don't. Everyone hates the guy that thinks he knows about wine but doesn't. i haven't even really tried one of my bottles of wine.

Anyway, the food was really good. By the time i was 3/4 through the main course i was hurting. i think my stomach has shrunk. My youngest sister would be ashamed of me. But i managed to put it all down and when Lisa came back to ask us if we wanted anything else, i was about to say we had enough but was interrupted by my dad asking to see the dessert menu. Ugh, okay...i'll just look at it. But i won't order anything. Next thing i know i'm asking for the New York cheese cake with a Biscotti Toddy to wash that down. Maybe that's not what the dirnk was called but its has to be close. i was expecting a regular slice of cheese cake. Like a slice that comes out of the box from the cheese cake factory. But no, they don't roll that way at Romano's. The slice of cheese cake looked like it came from a giant cheese wheel. It had to be like 5 inches tall. i had my doubts...yeah right, i always finish what's on my plate. i was so full though, i thought i was going to explode. i didn't even feel like drawing on the table anymore.

Everything at Romano's was pretty good. But now asi write this, i don't know if the chicken and shrimp that was in my dish had been sitting out for too long or if someone in the kitchen failed to wash their hands when preparing my meal, i find myself visiting the bathroom more frequently than usual. i think i'm going to eat at home for the next couple days. Hopefully have some better luck eating out in California.

No comments: