Monday, December 22, 2008

Got White Teeth?

During the whole trip my dad insisted that he wanted to get his teeth whitened while we were here because it was so much cheaper than getting it done in the states. My dad found a dentist in Saigon but the dentist was running late and they weren't sure if they could fit us in.

While waiting for my dad to figure that out i was stopped by another shoe fixer. This guy wasn't nearly as nice as the first guy that glued my shoes. He wanted 20,000 dong for gluing them ($1) but my dad said 10,000 dong. So he agreed and while he was gluing them he said he could clean them too!
Of course once he was done cleaning one shoe he wanted 30,000 dong. But my dad insisted on 20,000 dong. As a result he didn't clean the second shoe nearly as well as the first one. Oh well, they'll just get dirty again. Plus i need some new sneakers anyway.
i'm probably going to regret posting these pictures but why even bother taking them if i'm not going to share them with you? i'm certain you're all very curious on what goes down while getting your teeth whitened.

i believe the process uses some kind of acid. To protect your gums from deteriorating they put this gel over your gums where they meet your teeth to protect them. Once that dries with the help of some crazy blue light, they add a bunch of crazy chemicals to whiten the teeth.
After the procedure my teeth looked fantastic. i felt like i was ryan seacrest. Because...you know, his teeth are really white. Too bad they got dark and gross again the next day...
Here is the tray with all the goodies they used on my teeth. Ugh, what a long process. Took like an hour. Can you imagine being awake with your mouth open for an hour?! A bug couldn't have flown in my mouth!
That pretty much wraps up my Vietnam trip. Had a really good time in spite of spending practically every second with my parents. Now the next adventure is to get a job...or is it another motorcycle trip?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL just to prove I read your blog....it was so good to see you yesterday!