Monday, September 1, 2008

I Still Got My Rock Moves

My dad and i arrived at my uncle's around 3pm Sunday, and pretty much just unpacked and chatted a bit. When we pulled up into the driveway my uncle was working on his motorcycle. The seat was off, the mirrors gone, and wires hanging out all over the place. Pretty clear that we weren't leaving for San Francisco the next day.

On Monday i bugged eric (cousin) for a bit and watched him work on his bicycles. Must of been annoying with me hovering over his shoulder but there wasn't anything else to do. i did however install the headset into my uncles motorcycle helmet so at least i did something helpful.

Later eric took my dad and i to his bicycle shop, Chain Reaction.

i've been to the shop before but i don't think i actually went in it, just watched him lock the back door. eric, his friend andrea, and i watched a movie, Baby Mama. andrea soon left so it was just eric and i watching it...and two guys watching a girlie movie is pretty gay. But i liked it and there were some pretty funny parts so you should check it out.

For dinner uncle floyd busted out chicken on the grill and there were several other dishes such as fruit, couscous, and pasta salad. For dessert there was peach pie and ground cherry pie that my aunt made. i don't think i've ever had ground cherries before but they are delicious. Find yourself some ground cherries, make a pie, and eat it...you'll thank me later.

rachael and tex shared some pictures from their trip to Iowa. They visited the set where Field of Dreams was filmed...i was so jealous. What i was not jealous about was their trip to some crazy farm toy museum. It just looked so ridiculous. Later everyone crashed early and i did some more packing so i'd be ready to leave in the morning.

No comments: