Friday, January 25, 2008

Nightmares

Looking around the Command Center (aka basement office) noticed this candle that pretty much took many nights of sleep from me when i was little living in Saudi.

It has to be the scariest candle ever, and i had to look at it every night since my bedroom was in the same room as my dad's office. i already had enough to worry about, like Saddam Hussein's scuds coming down on me...i have this creepy candle staring me down while i laid in my bed.

i didn't even know it was a candle, i thought it was a carved piece of wood, or maybe some crazy cursed piece of wood that broke off a tree and just happened to have his guys face resembled in it. Then at night it would come alive and search for a body...or something. i don't know i don't work here.

i guess i'm not as scared of him anymore, i mean it just a wax candle...now if it was really wood that would be a whole different story. But i'm just going to point him in the opposite direction to be safe.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Scary candle dude would totally freak me out too! I never knew why mom never lit him though.

He did however become an inspiration to me. As a little girl, once I got over the shock and horror of his creepy expression, I got enough courage to actually pick him up and play with him.

I soon realized that if there is someone out there, making a living creating creepy looking old men out of wax that looks like it's made out of wood, then there must be a place for me in the big wide world.