Friday, December 31, 2010

The Big Family Christmas

Every year we have a big family Christmas. Uncle Floyd's gang travels the farthest from Indiana. This year the party got started early at 1pm! I'm not complaining, it was nice to have some extra time with the fam. I was also excited to meet a new family member, Oliver! He's 4 months old and weighs 17 1/5 lbs! That's how heavy our roast in the oven was!
Grandpa blabbed about how Oliver reminds him of my Dad when he was a baby,"Dale was a fat baby too!". Oh Grandpa. Of course there was a huge feast prepared by everybody. Ham, beef, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, salad, sweet potatoes, rolls, and of course egg rolls. I'm sure some family members just come for the egg rolls because they are so good.
We do a gift exchange every year. Gifts around $10 scattered randomly among family. Here, Josiah is helping Aunt Janice open her gift. We started doing something different last year where a story is told that incorporates the words "left" and "right". Each time one of those words are said, presents are passed in that direction. I kind of liked the white elephant game more, but I guess that takes longer than people would like.
Here's Grandpa and his four children. They all definitely look related.
It was so fun seeing Josiah as he's three years old and a total blabber mouth. When there is a discussion going on and he's not part of it, he'll randomly blabber something out to get everyone's attention so he feel like he's contributing to the conversation. I was jealous of his footed pajamas.
Another silly picture of Julie and I.
Overall it was a fun time. However, it wasn't the same without my sisters, their kids, and the other cousins.

No comments: