Monday, December 6, 2010

Squirrel!

I was about to head out the door the other day until I saw a visitor on the deck.

I was surprised to see him get all "Mission Impossible" on the wall with it being so cold out. I thought it was funny he decided to take a stop on the speaker just to hang out. If he comes around again I was thinking of naming him. Right now the first thing that comes to mind is "Henry", I'll try to get come up with something better.

If you're wondering about how that Hedge Fund thing went, well it was awful. Not sure what I was thinking rolling up to the place in jeans. I was the only person under 35 too. Most of the people there looked like they were in their late 40's. The speakers tried to keep the seminar under an hour but of course it ran longer than that and most of what they talked about was boring tax stuff and SEC regulations.

The food however was good. They even had beer there! The food was catered by Starr Restaurants. They had cocktail shrimp and some kind of nuggets, not sure what they were actually made of. The star (pun intended) of the spread however was the cheese steaks! They were not your typical cheese steak. They consisted your regular findings in a cheese steak but instead of being in a roll it was wrapped in a crazy tortilla and then deep fried. Nothing like a cheese steak from Pat's, but still very good. I wasn't able to snag one of these delicious treats before the seminar started, it was torture waiting to get my hands on a cheese steak and free beer. The beer I had was Kenzinger from Philadelphia Brewing Co. I believe it was my first time having it and it was very tasty.


No comments: