Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Defender of the Universe Morning

I was not looking forward to Christmas morning this year. Usually I get to spend it with at least a sister plus kids or more, but this year it was just the rents and I. On top of that, my mom was really busy with her Catholic church events so she didn't have time to make our long tradition of steak and eggs on Christmas morning. We also have a tradition of reading the Christmas story from the bible and opening Christmas presents following that but apparently we didn't have time for that either.

I woke up Christmas morning late. I threw on a sweat shirt and headed downstairs to the tree. My parents were busy getting ready to leave the house. So I decided to open the two presents my sister Michelle sent me. I then envisioned the rest of my Christmases being like this, alone. I'm sure I'll get use to it. Aunt Janice was kind enough to invite my Dad and I over to their Christmas breakfast.

On the bright side, I got some pretty neat things from Michelle. The first thing I opened was a little random. It was a glass skull decanter. Not sure if I have ever mentioned wanting one of these, but its pretty rad. The cork is a little hard to remove but I'm sure it'll loosen up over time.
The second gift she got me was even more cool, a Voltron 2 GB USB drive!
This thing is so ridiculous. Its preloaded with Voltron desktop wallpapers and an episode from the original series. For you who don't know, Voltron was a pretty big deal in the 80's. The figure comes apart at the waist to reveal the USB plug. Once plugged in, the chest plate lights up during data transfer. Its about 3.5 inches tall and although not very practical to carry around compared to your conventional USB drive, this one defends the universe! Can yours do that?
Didn't think so.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

YAY!!! Sooooo glad you liked your prezzies! And dude, glass skull decanters are just cool - you didn't have to tell me you wanted one. . .doesn't everyone?? (I looked for a glass tommy gun bottle but couldn't find one.)

And that USB is even sweeter than it looked online!