Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We Be Burnin'

Abby and Josh had a great idea for Christmas presents. They decided to go through the family home videos and convert them to DVDs! They were thinking about sending them off to have a company do them but that can be really expensive real fast if you have a lot of tapes to convert.

Instead, they borrowed the DVD recorder I have. The end product doesn't look as pretty as getting them professionally done, but it sure does cost less. I think Abby had about 40 tapes to go through. After digitizing them, it came out to 12 DVDs. They then asked me to make 4 copies of each, and one of them they just wanted 3 copies.

I was tempted to just put some burning software on their laptops but I figured it would be fun to see how long burning 47 DVDs would take. To make the process go faster, I fired up the three desktops we have in the house. Running up and down the stairs every 5 minutes or so. I also had to label the DVDs with a sharpie so I wouldn't get them mixed up. I was able to do it just under 3 hours. Go me!
Leaning tower of C-Disa?

No comments: