Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Minolta

Dug around and found my Dad's old Minolta SR-T 101. Apparently my oldest sister has dibs on this. I think she even used it for her film classes.

This Minolta was introduced in 1966 and stayed in production for 10 years with minor changes. This camera looks like it has seen better days, the door to the film has trouble staying closed. The other lenses in the camera bag look like they have been roughed up too. The lens on the camera now is MC Rokkor PF 58mm. Apparently this was a very good lens back in the day. I've been looking around to see if there is an adapter to use this lens on newer cameras but all the adapters I have found have glass in them which will comprise the picture quality. I did find a website where they will send you a kit to modify the lens to fit your EOS or whatever new fancy camera you have. I think this site will also modify the MC Rokkor for you if you are not confident in your machining skills, like me. I doubt I'll ever get around to using this equipment. Looks like I'll have to get by with the cheap Fuji for a little longer.

No comments: