Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Karaoke

Wednesday we decided to hit the local favorite dive bar Mariano's. This place is pretty epic, however it was pretty tame the night we went. Brent just got back after taking a trip to Greensburgh, PA for another tattoo! This is his first tattoo with shading! Much more interesting to look at than his other tattoos.
Mariano's has a very awkward lay out. The area across the bar is very narrow and if you come with a group of 3 or more it can be challenging to find seating unless you come early or reserve a table. Wednesdays and Saturdays happen to be karaoke night. However, there just weren't that many performers this time, lemon.
Julie even came out that night! We even got a picture taken! As you can see, I didn't get the memo to make a funny face, I usually don't. But despite the silly pictures, the picture came out very nice.
We even got Julie and Brent to sing! Nikki was obsessed with the microphone, we actually had to cut her off so we could leave and let other people have a turn singing. Behind Brent you can see Larry aka "Weasel". He's the karaoke jockey. He usually sings a couple songs through out the night. He's usually high in energy and smiling, but tonight he just looked out of it, must be the cold weather.
Close up!
Julie bounced early and it was just Brent, Nikki, and I again. Apparently Nikki had too much tequila. Oh tequila, you strike again! That night Brent and I made an interesting discover, Magic Hat #9 and Starbuzz Blue Mist shisha. It was amazing. Something with the #9 apricot flavor and the blueberry mint shisha just worked in harmony. Definitely didn't expect that. I guess you can pair a good beer with anything if you look for it.
Below you'll see why I don't pass out around Brent. He'll just end up on top of you if you do. It actually worked out that he crashed in the basement because he helped my Dad and I move my Uncle's furniture to his new apartment.
For lunch the next day, we went to Michael's Diner, one of Brent's favorite hang outs. I wish I brought the camera so I could have taken a picture of their mozzarella sticks, they're to die for...or kill? If you like cheese, you'll like these. I had the reuben sandwich, can't go wrong with that at any diner.

1 comment:

KZ said...

I can't believe you didn't blog about our bitchin' Eagles party.

It was great to see you, BTW!