Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Farewell Brousin..

The time came too quickly for when Brent had to head back to New Orleans. He left this past Saturday. I called him at 10:15 am to see if he wanted to hang out before getting on the road. He told me it was "okay" but he would be leaving in an hour. I had a feeling it would be later than that.

Once I arrived at the house a found Uncle Gary under Brent's car trying to change a headlight bulb. Apparently he was having a little bit of trouble. I asked him if he needed some help thinking he wanted me to hold something or take a look at the headlight. I should have known better, instead he asked me to pick up a bag of ice for a cooler Brent was taking.
After coming back from picking up ice, I found Brent in one of his common spots with laptop and hand rolled cigarette in hand.
What better way to hang out than play some Wii? We played a couple games of Mario Kart, and after losing to the pros online we decided to switch over to Wii Sports. While playing Brent also got a few more bites of his momma's home cooked food. In the following photo you can see Brent's "Mii" have an uncanny resemblance.
By this point it was almost 2 pm. He ended the Wii games and gave a crack at packing Brent's Celica. For such a tiny car it is able to pack a lot once the backseat is folded down. Good thing Brent only brought two backpacks up with him because most of the space in the car was needed for shelves and a table plus bar stools.

We had to prop the hatchback with a wooden dowel...at least the heat is still working.
Here is Brent trying to compact his belongings in the car. Apparently his sister Julie had to do the same thing when she did her road trip out to California.
Aunt Janice calls us "brousins" since neither of us have a brother. We might as well be brothers.
It was a sad day to see Brent leave again but at least I got to hang out with him more than his last visit. I have video of his departure. I think I'll upload it to a video site and embed it in the blog to conserve my precious upload space.

No comments: